Crosbyton CISD COVID-19 Rapid Testing Protocol
- COVID-19 testing is currently offered to CISD employees and students who are in quarantine.
- TESTING IS VOLUNTARY. No employee or student is required to be tested at any time.
- Testing is offered at no cost.
- Individuals may be symptomatic or asymptomatic; there is no symptom requirement to qualify for testing.
ABOUT THE TEST
- Crosbyton CISD will use the BinaxNOW COVID-19 test.
- BinaxNOW is a shallow nasal swab rapid test. Results will be available within 15 minutes and will be communicated to the individual at the testing appointment. ( The individual will receive a results report by email within 24 hours)
- The BrinaxNOW test identifies the presence of viral antigens. The test will identify an actively positive case. This is not an antibody test.
- The accuracy of the BinaxNOW test is 97-98% in symptomatic individuals.
- As required by law, all results from testing shall be reported daily to the Department of State Health Services DSHS through the Texas Rapid Test app portal system. Results statistics will also be submitted via the Weekly COVID-19 Case Reporting form, to be publicly reported on the Department of State Health Service Texas Public School COVID-19 Data page.
- All personal health information collected in the registration and results will be handled under local, state, and national privacy rules; only to be shared with the Department of State Health Services as required by law.
- Testing slots are limited. Individuals are advised to test at least five days following potential exposure or three days after symptom onset.
- If you wish to receive a test:
Employees – email Nurse Thomas to schedule an appointment
Students – you will be assigned a time slot for your test on the 5th – 7th day of quarantine
- To expediate the testing process, employees will need to bring their drivers license to the testing site. Students can preregister at: register.txrapidtest.org, or by scanning the QR code on the following page.
- All testing appointments will take place at the CISD main parking lot. Please park in one of the numbered spaces on the south side of the administration building. If these spaces are occupied, please park elsewhere until one becomes available.
- Please do not exit your vehicle. Once you have parked in one of the numbered spaces, call 675-7331, ext. 1214 to let Nurse Thomas which space you are in.
- You will receive your test results verbally following the fifteen minute testing period.