Crosbyton CISD Virtual Learning Guidelines
The virtual learning model is different from the remote learning in the spring. The virtual model will be much more rigorous, and daily attendance will be required. Crosbyton CISD will use Google Classroom as our virtual learning platform. Students will be required to have a reliable internet connection, and a device capable of running the Google Classroom application.
Key aspects of the virtual learning model include:
- Students will be expected to follow the full instructional day plan according to the provided schedule. Elementary students will complete at least 180 minutes per day of instruction, and Secondary students will complete at least 240 minutes per day.
- Content learning and activities will be planned by the classroom teacher to make sure each student receives their full instructional minutes.
- Virtual Learning model may have a separate instructional design, but will use the same scope and sequence as Face-to-Face learning.
- The virtual learning assignments may look different, but they will cover the same content and skills as on-campus instruction.
- Learning opportunities will be personalized to meet individual needs of students that receive specialized services.
Students that choose to participate in virtual learning will be required to remain in virtual learning until the end of the grading period, and they waive participation and attendance in extracurricular activities.
Certain secondary elective courses will require attendance in face to face instruction. If a student chooses virtual learning, and is enrolled in one of these courses, the student will have to change their schedule.
Virtual learning will not be available for Pre-Kindergarten students.