Superintendent of Schools
Crosbyton Consolidated Independent School District
The Crosbyton CISD Board of Trustees is seeking a professional educator to serve as Superintendent of Schools. Crosbyton is located 40 miles East of Lubbock on Highway 82 in Crosby County. Crosbyton CISD has two campuses, Elementary grades Pre-K - 5, and Secondary grades 6 - 12. Currently Crosbyton CISD is rated as a B district by the Texas Education Agency, and serves approximately 335 students.
This is a confidential search, and only the Lone Finalist will be released to the public.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- Possess a Texas Superintendent Certificate
- Preferably five or more years of administrative experience in Texas Public Schools
- Sound decision making, management, and planning skills
- A professional educator with a well-rounded knowledge of rural school programs
- A trustworthy and ethical leader that will be involved in the community
- A collaborative and innovative problem solver
- Can empower the staff to perform their responsibilities independently
Conditions of Employment
Salary and benefits Negotiable and dependent on experience
Residence requirement District provides housing
Criminal History/Fingerprinting Required
Application Deadline February 19, 2021
Applications Reviewed by the Board February 22, 2021
First Round of Interviews March 2 - 4, 2021
Second Round of Interviews March 9 - 11, 2021
Announce Lone Finalist March 12, 2021
Vote to Hire Superintendent April 7, 2021
Preferred Start Date May 1, 2020 (Negotiable)
- Letter of Intent
- Updated Resume
- Copy of Certifications
- Copy of College/University Transcripts
- List of References with address and daytime phone numbers
Application packets and inquiries should be addressed to:
204 S. Harrison St.
Crosbyton, TX 79322
Applications packets and inquires can be submitted electronically to:
Please do not contact board members individually.